Friday, April 19, 2013

Comparisons Are Odious


Will I ever get used to it?  Maybe in another six years.  Ah well.


Last summer

This spring

Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery.  I want to talk about my side bed.  A recap:


I was thinking caryopteris fronting the Limelights, as they should bloom at the same-ish time, but there is most certainly not room and I don't want to make the bed much wider.  I am thinking of scraping up a $300 order from North Creek Nursery (that's their minimum... hopefully they have a don't-ask-don't-tell policy regarding whether or not you are actually a wholesaler.)  A lovely carpet of Geranium Rozanne might be effective there, what do you think?  Like so?


Could extend the geraniums as groundcover the whole way down.  That takes away the possibility of Drift roses, of course.

Note to self:  I divided a few daylilies, geranium, and some of the astilbe.  We'll see what we get.



No comments:

Post a Comment