Thursday, May 21, 2015

 This is right after the mulching and edging was done in April:  woot!  Much crisper lines.


Kit Island: Baptisia, catmint, knock out roses.



This is Deutzia Yuki Cherry Blossom.  I just put in three in the hot West facing bed:  really like them so far.


Very pleased with the evergreens. Love the bluish note of the spruce, which I know was a goal of Brian the Landscape Architect.  The Encore Autumn Twist have really struggled. I put some Miracid on them today, hoping that would darken them up a bit.  They look anemic.  There's a view of the AntiGardener, transporting his chicken.



Back of Kit Island. You can see me trying to get some height/green backdrop near the house.  Those are yews, a Dragon  Lady holly and a Rocket Stewartia on the left.  Sweet Bay Magnolia on the right with some very happy Little Limes my friends gave me when they went on sale at the end of the season.



Tracy Di Saubato-Aust says you should plant serviceberry with itea, so I did.


Another view of sad azalea and thriving (so far) Cayuga viburnum and Winter Gem boxwoods.



The view from our back doors. I think it distracts pretty well from the ginormity behind it.



Apropos of nothing, this is a vignette I admired at Hershey Gardens:



Many plans and much to do.  It is a rather embattled time of life, trying to launch young adults, raise the middle schooler, and support the 80 somethings who are starting to have Issues of various kinds, all while battling the physical effects of midlife (I have metatarsalgia in my foot making it no fun to walk at the moment.)  But that forty minutes in the garden weeding and clipping and transplanting is soothing.  It's a lot of work but I would miss it terribly if I didn't have it.

1 comment:

  1. We provide you all roofing services in Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton and Mississauga. Hamilton Roofing is specialized in Residential and Commercial roofing. All Stars Roofing trusted Company in Canada


    http://allstarsroofing.com/service-areas/hamilton-roofing/

    ReplyDelete